This is a "clean up" project. The stripes were leftover after using this fabric as a border. I had pinned the pieces to my design wall, and instead of finding another place to store them, I decided to make this easy runner. It is made by cutting 60 degree angles on the ends of 2 longer strips, then cutting four 60 degree triangles for the ends. I still had some of the coordinating brown fabric, so I made the binding, and found a splotchy green fabric for the backing. I pin basted it, using some leftover batting, and it is in the pile to take south.
I also decided it was time to do something with my huge pile of 2-patch leaders and enders. If you don't know about leaders and enders, read about it here at Bonnie's Quiltville.
I made a stack of 4-patches, then sewed them into pairs, then sets of 4. The stack on the left has 24 sixteen-patch blocks. I spent a bit of time to design a quilt using EQ7, and I'm packing fabric to make the quilt. Here's my design... My quilt will end up something like this, but probably not as organized in the colour department. I design in EQ so I have fabric amounts, so I can find large enough pieces from my stash before I head out to shop!
Head over to Judy's blog to see all the creativity this week!