Monday, October 1, 2012

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I decided to try Judy's pattern "Sing a Happy Song".  Instead of the four-patch made from 4 different fabrics, I decided to use a print that has resided in my stash much too long.  I can't remember when I bought it, but there is lots, so I think I got the remainder on the bolt.  I pulled off 4 "repeats", stacked them up, then cut the 2 1/2 inch squares called for in the pattern.  I played with each stack of squares to find a pattern that I liked (4 choices for each), then decided to use this bright, happy yellow as my background fabric.  I managed to get this done before we ran away for the weekend!

Check out what others are working on this week at Judy's blog.

5 comments:

  1. Your blocks are really pretty. They look so different from Judy's because of the way you used the prints. I love the pinwheel effect with the flowers in the centers. Very creative.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy chorus indeed! The yellow-green setting fabric is a great accent. (And your project goes to show that there will be a use for each piece of fabric....eventuallly!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cheery colors love those well aged fabrics
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep those are definitely happy blocks :) What a great use for a print fabric, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.