Monday, October 1, 2012


I decided to try Judy's pattern "Sing a Happy Song".  Instead of the four-patch made from 4 different fabrics, I decided to use a print that has resided in my stash much too long.  I can't remember when I bought it, but there is lots, so I think I got the remainder on the bolt.  I pulled off 4 "repeats", stacked them up, then cut the 2 1/2 inch squares called for in the pattern.  I played with each stack of squares to find a pattern that I liked (4 choices for each), then decided to use this bright, happy yellow as my background fabric.  I managed to get this done before we ran away for the weekend!

Check out what others are working on this week at Judy's blog.


  1. Your blocks are really pretty. They look so different from Judy's because of the way you used the prints. I love the pinwheel effect with the flowers in the centers. Very creative.

  2. A happy chorus indeed! The yellow-green setting fabric is a great accent. (And your project goes to show that there will be a use for each piece of fabric....eventuallly!)

  3. Beautiful cheery colors love those well aged fabrics

  4. Yep those are definitely happy blocks :) What a great use for a print fabric, love it.

  5. Very happy blocks! I love them!


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.