I began by entering all my receipts into Quicken, taking time to categorize all the spending over the past weekend. I love being able to track our spending, and check to see how much money we have at a glance. I guess there is a book keeper hiding inside me.
I've spent the rest of the day sewing! I've been working on my "Sing a Happy Song" blocks, and I'm liking the way they are turning out! Of course, I switched up the colours, so mine doesn't look at all like Judy's beauty.....
There are six blocks with this colour green in step 2 - they will be the inside blocks in the final layout.
There are fourteen blocks with this colour green in step 2 - these will be the perimiter blocks.
I'm am serious about using stash, and didn't have quite enough in either piece to complete the quilt top, so I decided to be creative!
I have all the half square triangle blocks completed for the pieced corner units, and I have all the background triangles cut, (mine in bright lemon yellow), ready to stitch together tomorrow. After these are stitched onto the step 2 blocks, I'll be adding the sashing strips and cornerstones.
My plan is to make the final wide border from the print fabric used in the centre four patches.
Now I had better figure out what we're having for dinner. Eating out for the past few days has spoiled me already. I'll have to rummage through the refrigerator to see what veggies will accompany the fish I remembered to remove from the freezer a while ago!