Wednesday, May 16, 2018

STASH REPORT

Fabric used this week  6 yards
Fabric used year to date  61.25 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  62.125 yards
Net used 2018  -0.875 yards

I'm so close to being in the black!  I'm counting the fabric that I used for the Christmas table topper, the runner, and the 2 quilt bags that I needed for my quilt entries in our upcoming show.

I have 6 quilts entered, and need a cloth bag for each, but I save them, and reuse the ones that fit.  I also re-use my hanging sleeves that are stitched on bed quilts.  I've made them from muslin, and hand stitch them to the large quilts, adding or removing length as required.  Over the years, I have sold some of my quilts in the show, and the new owner receives the quilt in the bag, so I have to make new ones from time to time.
  If you are interested in seeing my entries, they are on the annual quilts tab on the top of the blog page. 
2016 -  Limestone Quilters' Guild BOM 2015-16
         -  Breaking Out!
         -  Red Radiance
         -  Shades of Autumn
2017 - Oma's Blues
2018 - Use It or Lose It!  Limestone Quilters' Guild BOM 2017-18

DESIGN WALL WEDNESDAY

I'm late with my report this week.  I've been busy making labels for my quilts, and preparing cloth bags with labels for each as well.  My guild's quilts show is approaching quickly.  Tomorrow I'll be running a photography session all day, to take pictures of the entries for our CD, that will be for sale at the show.  DH is my able assistant, helping with setting up stands, backdrops, lighting, etc., and he is skilled at handling quilts as well!  I think he's a keeper.

I completed a Christmas table topper - I had made one to donate to my guild's dinner in  December, and made a second top at the same time.  I quilted it, and adding binding, so it will be ready for the boutique.  I used Superior Thread's Glitter hologram mylar thread to quilt the centre, but unfortunately it doesn't photograph well.

I made a Stack n Whack quilt a while ago, and had a narrow strip, with 6 matched layers remaining.  I decided to cut it into as many 60 degree triangles as I could, and managed to make 18 blocks that measure 2 1/2 inches across.  I added a dark blue border, and pinned it to my design wall.  Last week, when I went searching for an additional border fabric, I discovered a floral stripe that had been in my stash for a long time.  It looks like it might have been from the same line of fabric......  Another item for the boutique at the quilt show in June.

I'm linking with  Small Quilts and Doll Quilts .