Tuesday, December 27, 2011


I managed to get two of the three plaid quilts photographed today before the rain started.  I've added the fronts to the "Quilts 2011" page, but here are the backs.
This is the back of "Moth in the Window".  I cut 10 1/2 inch squares of plaid, and some 10 1/2 x 5 inch strips to make the back.
This is the back of "Spinnin' Spools.  It has a strip of 10 inch squares on each side.  The centre is made of leftover strips from the "moth in the window" blocks, and pinwheels made from leftover units from the third plaid quilt, "Smokey Mountain Stars".  I used John Flynn's method to make a diagonal pieced back.  The instructions are part-way down the page.  

Hopefully the rain will stop and I'll be able to get the last quilt photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.