Thursday, December 15, 2011


It seems like I've been sewing plaid fabric forever!  For the last few days, I've been using up all the bits and pieces to make pieced backs for the 3 plaid tops that are finished.
I began by cutting 10 1/2 inch squares.  Some of the fabric wasn't wide enough after washing, to get 4 across, so I ended up with some smaller pieces.  I cut these into 5 inch x 10 1/2 inch strips.
I had pinwheel units made from the cut-offs of Smokey Mountain Stars blocks.  I also had strip sets from Moth in the Window.  I began combining strip sets, etc. to make 3 1/2 inch wide pieces.
Oh the insanity!!!!

So far I have one back totally prepared, and a strip of 10" squares to go on one edge of the second, and 2 strips of 10" squares to go on the third.  Now I have to piece the remaining puzzle pieces to make up the rest of the backs.

Even though pin-basting is my least enjoyable part of quilting - this time I'm really looking forward to it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.