Friday, December 9, 2011

DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS

Yesterday DH and I finally tackled the decorating on the inside of our southern home.  Our space is small, and most of my decorations are up north, but we still feel the holiday spirit.
 First we put the Christmas quilt on our bed.  This was made many years ago.  I had seen a similar design in Keepsake quilting, but I just drew the design for the pillow panel onto brown paper and fused all the applique pieces.

 Next I added a pieced tablecloth that I made on my serger one fall, when my sewing machine was in the shop for servicing!  It is a Quilt-in-a-Day pattern called Blazing Star Tablecloth.  It was simple to make following the step by step directions.

Of course, we hung the stockings, shown here.



Next I hung my newest Christmas quilt in the living room.  It is from a pattern I found in Quiltmaker magazineIt has fun snowman embroidered blocks.
My other wall hanging was an experiment made from a Santa block and some Christmas 9-patch blocks I received in a swap many years ago.


We only have a small tree, but it is full of memories.  Many of the ornaments are home-made, some were special gifts made by family and friends.  It even has its own tree skirt.  I had made a full size one for my MIL, using the Quilt-in-a-Day pattern called Diamond Log Cabin Tablecloth or Tree Skirt.  Of course, I had fabric left over, so I made a mini skirt for my mini tree.

The nativity scene was set in its place of honour, shown here.


 Once the table was set with its red cloth and topped with a crochet white cloth, made by my Mother, it feels like Christmas.

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.