Tuesday, May 21, 2013

QUILT PROJECT 17 FINISHED





DH became my quilt holder this morning so I could mark this quilt as truly finished.  It is the 17th project completed this year.  The quilts are due at our final guild meeting of the year on June 5th.  They are expecting around 20 finished quilts.  There were request from some to make the patterns queen-size, so there should be some larger projects as well.  This time I have to remember to take my camera!!!!!
Our end of the season dinner is being catered by the executive again this year.  Everyone brings their own table setting - placemat, napkin, dishes and silverware.  Our guest speaker at the meeting will be talking to us about Superior Threads, and will be holding a workshop (already full), the day after the dinner.  I have to check my thread supplies and take some $ to buy more thread - thread doesn't count as stash!

I managed to get the centre parts of my Christmas Wish quilt stitched yesterday, and cut strips for the final border and binding.  Now I'm off to sew.  I plan to make a pieced backing for this quilt, so I can use more Christmas fabric!

1 comment:

  1. Wowser! I *especially* love the outer border! *SO* distinctive!

    Did you make the border pattern up or is it available publicly?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.