Monday, May 27, 2013


I didn't feel like machine quilting on a large project yesterday, so I went hunting in my closet of panels and projects.  I found a project that my friend had wanted to make, but had forgotten aboutI had spent some time several years ago, planning the quilt, and writing instructions.
 I had a panel that consisted of several small units, so I had cut them apart.  There is a polka dot theme in all the panel fabrics, so I pulled a collection of polka dot fabrics from my stash.  I followed my written instructions and the top went together quickly!
It is now pin-basted and ready to quilt! 

I'm not sure how I'll quilt it, but will start by "stitch in the ditch", then some free form outlining of all the animals.  I have also made some "unstuffed, piped binding" to try on this project.

Check out what others are doing at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.