Thursday, May 30, 2013


I wanted something quick and easy to stitch yesterday, so I went hunting through my collection of panels, and found one with 4 different angel stocking fronts.  I pulled out some leftover batting and pin basted them and did some quilting to highlight the designs.  Then I found a large enough piece of Christmas fabric, layered it with leftover flannel, and did a meander stitch over the whole piece.  Layered the two, added two layers of plain muslin, stitched around the edges and had 4 almost completed stockings.  
I used my special "pinking" rotary blade to trim the seam allowances and turned them right side out.  I found some red, white and green striped leftover binding and made hanging loops for each, and bound the tops.  A few minutes of hand sewing, and I had 4 completed Christmas stockings. 

 I may find a home for them, or just save them for the boutique at my guild's next quilt show!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love them! I'm glad someone else is thinking Christmas sewing already too.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.