Wednesday, May 15, 2013


That's the good news.  The bad news is that it doesn't count toward my stash usage, as it is my sister-in-law's project.

I was given some quilting templates a year or so ago, so I decided to use them on this disappearing 9 patch quilt top.  The first one is a feathered star with a cross-hatched centre.  There were so many fabrics in this scrappy quilt that it was difficult to choose a thread that would show.

The second stencil was a feathered wreath with a cross hatched centre.  I chose a bright yellow King Tut thread from Superior for the quilting.
I used a variegated green thread to stitched undulating feathered hooks around the final border.  This is my "go to" pattern for borders......

The quilting shows up well on the plain backing fabric.

We are heading north to Coe Hill on Thursday to deliver the quilt, and have a visit over lunch.  The quilt will be given as a wedding gift on Saturday!

Tonight I'm attending my quilt guild's executive meeting.  I have volunteered to take charge of our guild's website for the next while.  It is something I can do whether I'm home, or down south. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.