Monday, May 6, 2013

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I've been busy beginning the quilting on my guild's BOM quilt, version 2I'm trying to get at much finished as possible, as I have a rush project arriving on Wednesday.

My sister-in-law called, asking me to machine quilt a top that she had finished.  She needs it for a wedding gift in a couple of weeks, and didn't feel that she could get it done in time.  They have to take their vehicle in for service nearby, so they are coming for lunch on Wednesday, and dropping off the quilt top, backing and batting.  We'll send her home with birthday gifts for 2 of her grandsons - a fair trade!


 You may remember that I was working on "A Christmas Wish", a free BOM quilt from Red Brolly last year.  I had the two main panels completed, and took the rest south to complete.  Unfortunately, I mis-read the instructions, and didn't cut enough pieces, and of course, the fabric was north in my sewing room.
I had a bit of spare time after finishing the other guild BOM quilt, and managed to finish the remaining sections.  Now all I have to do is stitch them together, add the final border and piece the backing.  This is another project to use my huge collection of Christmas fabrics.  I have banned myself from buying any more Christmas fabric until my stash is mostly used, and even then - only for a specific project!!!!!
Check out all the creativity linked to Judy's blog today! 

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.