Saturday, May 14, 2011


I didn't think I'd ever finish cutting parts for my current project.  I dug into my 2 1/2 inch strip bin and cut 48 strips, 96 triangles and 144 squares of a variety of fabric.  Then I cut 12 large squares,  48 strips, 96 triangles and 144 squares of background fabric.  After two days of sewing, I have these.....
 Now I have a stack of pieces, ready to be stitched into blocks.  Then comes the fun part - choosing fabrics for the appliques that fill each centre!  The pattern I'm using is called "Pushin up Spring" which was a block of the month in 2009 from Apple Blossom Quilts.
As soon as I get these stitched together, I have to get to work on my guild's President's Challenge mini quilt.

1 comment:

  1. So far, the components of these blocks are intriguing! I can't wait to see what the appliques look like!


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.