Monday, May 16, 2011

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I managed to get the first four background blocks completed for my "Pushin Up Spring" applique project.  The appliques will be added to the 12 blocks over the summer months.
 I had fun laying out the blocks, trying to get different fabrics in each one.  Now I have to dig out my light box (homemade thanks to DH) and mark the back of the first block for the back basting method of applique.  Then I'll head to my stash and choose some fabrics for the first block!

The Napanee quilt show was lovely.  They had more hand-quilted projects this time, and a great variety of quilts, wallhangings etc.  The weather was cool and rainy, so lots of people came to the show.  Then vendors seemed to be quite happy with the turnout and I guess sales were brisk as well.  Their quilt demo area was great - they managed to piece a quilt top during the two days of the show!  Congratulations to the Napanee Heritage Quilt Guild!

Head over to Judy's blog to see what others are working on today.

2 comments:

  1. I love that block. Even if you weren't going to applique in it, it would be a great block for fancy quilting. I like the secondary design too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.