Monday, May 9, 2011

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I managed to get the first two borders attached to the scrappy hourglass quilt top, and I cut the final border fabric (pinned at the right side).  Since I have my large quilting project completed, I'll be stitching on the final borders, and making binding today.  Then I'll have to search my stash for something to use as backing.  I'm sure I can find a couple of fabrics that need to be used today!
I also brought home two more community quilts in need of quilting - one already pin basted, one not.  I think they have another volunteer to attach and finish the binding, so I don't have to do that as well.

DH and I went to Toronto on Saturday, and had a great pre-Mother's Day lunch with our two sons and their wife and girlfriend.  It was the first time DS1 and wife met the new love of DS2's life.  After lunch, we walked to Dufflets Pastries on Yonge Street, and picked up a decadent dessert - sponge cake with cream filling and raspberries - YUMMM .  No pictures, as usual, as my gang are camera phobic!
Check out what others are working on at Judy's blog.

2 comments:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.