Friday, September 27, 2013

HEXAGON FRIDAY

One more row to add the the quilt centre will be complete!  Then I have to make the two different border shapes.  It seems impossible, but I like this quilt more and more as each row is added.

Since I made the units with the background hexagons already attached, adding them to the top goes quickly.  The only additional hexagons that were needed were the dark border colours for the blocks on each end, and a row of background hexagons for the left side, to complete the pattern.

I spent part of the morning helping my friend complete a set of Christmas stockings for her family.  Since she works, we squeeze in some sewing time whenever we can!

5 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed watching this quilt come together. It is sure to be a treasure.
    Isn't it great when we can squeeze in sewing time with our friends. I am lucky to be able to do it almost every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic quilt! I already love it very much. Do you know how many hexagons you've used in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing quilt. I can't even imagine making it, but it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.