Wednesday, August 29, 2012

TRIANGLE TWIST TOP COMPLETE


I decided to add a border to the top and bottom to turn the rectangle into a square.  I like having some quilting space around the stars.  

After playing with many different options, using Electric Quilt, I finally decided on this border.....

 It has lots of curved seams, but forms a zig-zag design around the stars, and uses the gradated fabrics again.
Now I have to decide how I want to quilt this!  No matter how I pressed the seam allowances, the centres of the stars are very bulky.  There are 6 points meeting there, and multiple layers of fabric in the seams!

Now I have to think of which project on a long list will move to the top!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a stunner, Susan! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I really love the look of this quilt. You are amazing.!! The colors are so striking and the triangle twists are fabulous!!! What is the final size of your quilt? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.