Sunday, November 20, 2011


Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  215.5 yards
Fabric added this week  4.75 yards
Fabric added year to date  70.25 yards
Net used 2011  145.25

I didn't count any fabric used, even though I finished the "Moth in the Window" quilt top - I always wait to report it when the quilting and binding is complete.  That way, I don't forget what parts were reported - works for me!
I went to JoAnn's yesterday - had coupons burning a hole in my pocket.  I picked up the final fabric to complete a kit made from my stash - needed 2 1/2 yards, and didn't have anything that would work at home....
Then I had to buy more Christmas red fabrics - I discovered that I hadn't cut enough pieces to make the rest of the hexagons!!!!  I picked up 1/4 yard cuts of nine red prints, so that added the 2 1/4 yards.

I called Mary Jo's Fabrics in Gastonia NC on Friday to order the lace for my future DIL's wedding dress.  I sent samples to her, so she could choose the one she likes the best.  Received an email that they still had the lace that was selected, and now I have to call on Monday to arrange payment and shipping.  I managed to use a 60% coupon to pick up the lining, so now I only need the zipper , and I'll be ready to begin the dress etc., as soon as we return home in the spring.

DH was happy to see that my coupons worked, and after paying under $30 for all my purchases, I saved $49.73!  Usually when I shop with a coupon, everything I'm looking for is on sale, so this was a pleasant surprise!
Now I have to dig out my serger, and serge all the edges of the fabric I've picked up since leaving home, and then I'll be able to wash everything.  I need to get back on track with my hexagon project - I need hand sewing to do in the evening!

Check out all the stash reports at Judy's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.