Thursday, November 3, 2011

ON THE ROAD

Our first day on the road was uneventful.  The skies were clear and so was the road.  There were remnants of snow in Pennsylvania, but none in Virginia where we stayed on Wednesday night.
This morning we saw a fabulous sunrise over the Blue Ridge mountains!
We made a quick stop at Trinity Schoolhouse Quilt shop, then at the large fabric shop in Floyd VA, before continuing south.  Made it to Mary Jo's fabrics by 3, and drooled over all the bridal fabrics.  I picked 3 potential fabrics for future DIL's dress etc., took some photos to send immediately and also some samples to mail later.  After all the hard work, I treated myself to a couple of pieces of fabric - one for bindings on kids' quilts and the other for a project that I've been planning for some time.
We made it to South Carolina and expect to arrive at our southern home tomorrow, unless we stop to smell the roses!

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.