Monday, June 27, 2011

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Here's 8 of the 12 "Pushin Up Spring" blocks.  Block 9 is about half stitched, and the last three are prepared - pattern traced onto the back of the block ready for back basting, and fabrics chosen.  Now to find some quiet time to stitch.
Here's a close-up of Block 8
DH keeps asking "What are you making this quilt for?"  As if you need a reason to make a quilt!
I have also begun the embellishment stitching on the 12 applique blocks that I completed over the winter.  The pattern I used was "Baltimore Bliss" by Fat Cat Patterns.  I actually had to head to my local quilt shop, Quilt and Stitch, to pick up some thread - didn't have the right colour in any of my 4 thread caddies!  I saved my receipt, as they collect them at my guild, and get shop credit toward book purchases for the guild library.
See what other quilters are working on at Judy's blog here.

13 comments:

  1. Love your block! I'm intrigued by your comment about saving your receipt. Your local quilt shop and guild have an agreement worked out? That's a pretty nifty arrangement! Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your blocks! I guess husbands don't always understand our need to create :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a stunning quilt it is going to make. It's neat how you have a block at the intersections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Susan. Thank you for showing us all the blocks together! This is a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, we do not need a reason to make a quilt, and you are doing a fab. job on this one. Love the bold & bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you're using!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making this quilt because. . . you want to! No other reason necessary! I loved looking at the block close up. What a great variety of fabrics. Some I have in my stash! That proves we both have been quilting for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun fun prints and colors to study in each of these blocks. No wonder you are wanting to find time to stitch them!

    I get that question too "Who are you making this for?". My favorite answer is "ME", though I don't often get to say it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool....awesome... I am absolutely overwhelmed to see such wonderful designs. In fact I would try out these designs in photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design.I love the spirit..keep it up your work.its a good work.
    Website Hosting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.