Sunday, April 27, 2014

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  12.125 yards
Fabric used year to date  115.25 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  28.5 yards
Net used 2014  86.75 yards

I finished the second flannel baby quilt.  This was a second project using leftover flannel.  Depending on the quilt that I back, and how accurate the flannel was cut, how much shrinkage occured during washing and drying, I have varying amounts left over after backing quilts.
Then I completed my version of Le Jardin by Red Brolly.

I stitched a different design in each of the coloured strips surrounding the embroidered blocks, repeating the designs by colour.  I used a pastel variegated thread.


Depending on the colour of each strip, the stitching showed more or less, but it gave me an opportunity to try some designs that are good for narrow areas.

This was fun to stitch, both by hand and by machine.  It made me remember some of the embroidery stitches that my Mother taught me, but I hadn't used in a very long time.  The quilting was challenging, finding many different, narrow, continuous line fills that suited the garden theme of the project.   I have to thank The Inbox Jaunt for much of the inspiration - her tutorials are great!

Join everyone at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times to see others' weekly reports.
 

2 comments:

  1. There are always bits of left over backing and you found a great pattern to use up some of your bits on. The embroidered quilt is amazing, just beautiful - congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its a gorgeous quilt. Love combining embroidery and quilting. My elderly mum likes to keep busy with hand work so I trace of designs for her and then make the finished work into quilts... well that is the plan. I have made some baby quilts for her great grandies but have plans for other things too...Mum used to do lots of different fancy stitches but mostly she does back stitch and french knots it seems. She was taught by her mother who was taught by her grandmother. I have some of each of their fancywork in my cupboard

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.