I completed the quilting and hand stitched the binding yesterday, while waiting for my family's arrival!
The backing was made from leftover pieced backing from a quilt made for our friends' granddaughter. I had to add a bit more to make it the correct size, so I added the green zig-zag, to complement the green fabrics in the top. The binding is cotton, in a pale yellow with pale pink "splotches".
I kept the quilting simple - just diagonal lines through the squares. I use King Tut thread from Superior in a colour called "Tiny Tuts" number 937. It is a lovely variegated pastel thread, and I use it often on baby quilts.
The quilt is resting on the top of the pile headed to my guild's community quilts program, to be donated in our area.