Monday, April 21, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Here are the final two hand embroidered blocks for my "Le Jardin" quilt, designed by Red Brolly.


I went hunting through my stash for a collection of pastel floral prints to make the blocks.  I finally found a few.....

Following the instructions, I decided the colours of each strip, block by block.

I found some floral stripe fabric that had been hiding in my stash, and decided to use it for the border, with a green leaf print for the cornerstones. 
 Now I'm off to hunt for some suitable backing fabric, as well as some for binding!

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

  1. What adorable blocks! Your stitching is beautiful. Love your top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful blocks! The quilt looks so perfect for summer. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.