Having a sore knee provides me with lots of hand sewing time! I have to limit my trips on the stairs, so once I reach the main floor, my chair with the hexagon project always beckons.
It seems that I forgot to turn my photo when I was editing - oh well..... I've been placing the top on my living-room carpet, but, even on a dull day, the light from the window tends to wash out the colours. Now that the model railroad is gone, I've suggested to DH that I use the long hallway as a design wall area. It will make a much larger space for laying out the blocks for future projects.
I've developed a method while working on this project. I add the background hexagons while I'm stitching each different unit. It makes adding them to the quilt a very quick process.
The next units are large flowers, with each having 24 of the coloured hexagons, one centre and 6 background hexagons before adding the surrounding units. Don't think I do nothing but stitch hexagons, as I made these 4 large flower units months ago. I only added the background hexagons to each!