Saturday, August 10, 2013

A GOOD HARVEST

Our good friends are on vacation for a week, and we were asked to help ourselves to any veggies, especially beans, that need picking while they are away.  DH and I headed over this morning before it got too warm -
We picked all this in about 10 minutes, then I spent another 10 pulling weeds!  The yellow beans will be made into mustard bean pickles, a family favourite.  Beets and green beans will be added to our dinner tonight and I only picked 2 small cucumbers, as DH doesn't like them.  If there had been more available, I would have made bread and butter pickles.  We'll be going back every other day until they get home, so I may be able to collect enough for a small batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.