Nothing new on my design wall today. DH spent the day painting the walls in the staircase and hall area leading to my sewing room. He also added a fresh coat of white to the baseboards and handrails too. It looks much fresher, although I hope the paint smell goes away by tomorrow.
I did test my new baby, quilting the lastest Christmas runner, and I managed to get the binding stitched before dinner. I decided on a Bernina 710. It has the larger throat with all the bells and whistles. I will never do machine embroidery, so I decided against the 720 (embroidery ready), and the 730 (full embroidery unit etc.) I have been learning all the ins and outs of fine-tuning and adjusting the stitches to my liking.
DH had to remove the shelving for painting, so I spent some time sorting through old books, magazines etc., decided what to keep and what to recycle. We have been trying to downsize our collections - a difficult task!
Head over to Judy's blog, Patchwork Times to see all the creativity!