After finishing the "stitch in the ditch", I added swirls to each of the "melon" shapes in the border units.
I also used the tiny piping accent between the quilt top and the binding.
I decided to make a free-form fill design for the rest of the background areas.
I stitched an undulating line first, completely circling the centre design. I stitched into the outside area first (toward the border), as it seemed easier to figure out. Once I began the inside space, I quickly decided how to fill all the unusual areas with quilting. The centre twisted triangles are just stitched in the ditch.
I've enjoyed the challenges that this quilt has provided, but I'm ready for a simple project!!!