Monday, September 10, 2012


My wall is a little sparse this week.  I've finished several projects and haven't really started anything new yet!

I do have the on-going Christmas Wish project from Red Brolly.  I finished the redwork embroidery section for part 5 and appliqued the curved top to the block.....

I have appliqued all the curved parts by machine.  I used a method taught by Sharon Schambers.  I started the same way, making a template and trimming the curve and cutting slits to allow the fabric to press to the back.  But then I pinned it into place and used some "school glue" with a tiny tip to add a fine line of glue to the exact edge.  This was pressed dry with a hot, dry iron.  Then I opened up the area and machine stitched on the pressed line.  The glue will come out with the first washing.  I've used this method many times, and I also use it when making a mitered corner on a border - very secure and very accurate!

Head over to Judy's blog to see what other awesome projects are on the design walls this week!

1 comment:

  1. I like your method for sewing on that curve. And your redwork is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.