Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Although I'll be the first to agree that I have too much fabric, it certainly helps when you are in the mood to sew!

Today was community quilts day - a sewing day at the convener's home with a pot luck lunch.  Unfortunately, I had a dental appointment right in the middle of the day, and it wasn't going to be productive to attend for such a short time.  I decided to work at home instead.

One of the panels I found at the local quilt shop recently had a cartoonish spaceman theme.  Unfortunately, like more and more panels, this one wasn't a full yard.  I rummaged through my stash to find this....
I also checked my stash of flannel bought for backings and found this..
Then with the addition of some blue fabric for more borders and a red for the binding, along with a few minutes with EQ7, I designed this...
I managed to get all the border pieces cut to size before my dental appointment, and then finished the top when I returned home.

During my hunt I found two more "space" themed flannel pieces, along with another small panel - this one has two large square designs, and the coordinate has 6 squares @ 9 1/2 inches.  Now I have to come up with a good design and some coordinating fabric.

Time for tea......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.