Wednesday, September 12, 2012


I decided to tackle the more difficult panels today.  Both were of the narrow variety - one had two large rectangles, and the other had six squares with a border design on each edge.  I wanted to use as much of the fabric as possible.  I drew a rough plan using EQ7 to estimate the yardage.

 I added some lime green strips to the top and bottom and between the two large rectangles.

I used the border design to separate the centre of the squares, then added some more of the bright squares with space designs to make the side strips the same length.

I found some bright yellow with dots and triangles for the binding too!

Now I guess it is time to pin-baste both small quilts.  The purple alien in the top left square is holding a sign that reads "Galaxy Peace" so I think that will be a great name for this quilt.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.