Tuesday, April 3, 2012

PACKING AND PLANNING

My packing has been going slowly - I still have my quilting group on Wednesday, and after that, I can sort the tools and begin some serious packing.

In the mean time, I've been doing some planning for the wedding outfit that I'll be making for my future daughter-in-law when we return north.  Her sister is an author and artist, and they sat down and sketched the dress, with front and back views.  Instead of a veil, she wants to wear a fingertip length cape with a hood.

When we were heading south, we stopped at Mary Jo's Cloth Shop in Gastonia NC, where I picked up several samples of laces to send for the bride's approval.  Some were more sheer than others, and she picked my favourite!  Now I have to figure out how to turn it into a cape with a hood.  I've done some internet research, and I'm off to Joann's to buy some bridal tulle to play with.  I want to have something to test fit, when I take her measurements for her dress.  The dress design is very simple and classic - it will suit her beautifully!  I can hardly wait to get started.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.