Friday, April 20, 2012

JUST CHECKING IN........

We arrived home, safe and sound, on Sunday night.  Discovered that our phone had been turned on, but only to incoming calls!  DH managed to get everything up and running by noon on Monday.


I've spent most of this week unpacking and then moving my sewing tables around a bit in my room.  Not sure if I like the new design, I'll have to wait until I try it out for a while.  Pictures later.....


 Yesterday morning DH and I sat and did our taxes and he took them to the post office, then in the afternoon, I managed to alter the wedding dress pattern, and get the dress cut out.  DH took over kitchen duty, and I have the back and front sections of the dress and lining stitched. 

This morning I'm heading out to a friend's home to help her make sunhats for her granddaughters and other youngsters in her extended family.  She was having problems with the pattern, and hopes that I can help.

When I get home, I plan to stitch the side seams of the dress and lining, and begin the lace cape with hood.  We'll probably make the trek to Kitchener on Sunday for the first fitting.  I think I have lots of time to complete the dress, but DH is worrying, and I'm sure the bride will be happier, seeing some progress.....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy since you arrived home. Never a dull moment at your house, right?
    Hope you share pictures of the dress when it's finished. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.