Friday, April 27, 2012

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.....

I haven't been posting very often.  It always takes me a while to get settled after our semi-annual relocation.
This week has been filled with dental check-ups, annual physicals, shopping to re-stock the pantry/refrigerator/freezer, and of course working on the wedding dress.

We are headed to Kitchener on Sunday for a final fitting.  I still want to make her a small purse with the leftover satin and lace.  I have to discuss the design with her on Sunday.

 In the meantime, I've been sewing half log cabin blocks.  I decided to use a 6x8 block layout, and I just finished all 48 blocks!  I even chose a layout design using EQ7, so when I get the dress done, I can get busy with this quilt top!  EQ7 also told me that I've used 3.5 yards of fabric from my scrap bins.  Another incentive to get this quilt completed - so I can count the fabric as "used" in a future stash report!

Weekends are the best time to bake and do laundry, thanks to the Ontario "time of use" billing for electricity.  Saturday I'll be catching up on laundry, as well as baking some more bread - cinnamon-raisin- fruit  I think!

I hope everyone is finding some time to quilt - I try to squeeze in a bit every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.