I finally pin-basted the batik cathedral windows project yesterday.
I began stitching the "frames" in gentle curves, using some gold metallic mylar thread from Superior Threads. Still have more to go. I've been pinning the curve so that I don't over-stretch the curve.
I hope to get the rest stitched, and then decide what to stitch in the two borders. Then I'll be able to stitch the binding while watching TV this evening.
I also finished this wall hanging top. I used the small path templates (3 1/2 inch), from Elisa's Backporch Design. There are videos on the website, showing how to stitch these curved blocks without pins. It takes some time, but works really well! I like these bright colours so much, I might use this as a table topper on my round dining table up north!
Head over to Judy's blog to see how creative everyone is this week!