Sunday, January 15, 2012


Fabric used this week  15.75 yards
Fabric used year to date  27.625 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  13.75 yards
Net used 2012  13.875 yards!
 I'm finally in the black and intend to stay there!  I managed to finish all three of my table runners, made with the Autumn Leaves pattern by Quilt in a Day. 

I also pin-basted two more baby quilt panels, and used the quilting as my warm-up before quilting the runners.

 I'm still trying to use up the last bits of plaid fabric, so I made a small Cathedral Window wall hanging, using the machine method in Shelley Swanland's book.  I saw this being demo'd on Simply Quilts many years ago, and made a project then, but I always wanted to re-visit this interesting method.  It took a while to wrap my head around the correct way to add the units, but I finally found the "rhythm", and the project was finished quite quickly.  
Back after piecing
 I used leftover black from my purse, leftover muslin, and squares of plaid, along with a few strips for the quilt back and binding. 
squares in place, ready for quilting
 The quilting is done while you are stitching down the arcs, and then there is just the binding to complete the quilt. 

I plan on making a larger one in batiks that I bought on sale early in January.
Check out everyone's progress at Judy's blog.....


  1. Six projects done! You are on a roll, Susan - they are all beautiful.

  2. You are off to a fabulous start! Your baby quilts are precious.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.