Monday, January 23, 2012

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

Once again, nothing on my design wall.  I cleared all my quilting up and put on my dressmaking hat.  Spent all day Saturday adjusting the two patterns that I'm using to make my "Mother of the Groom" outfit.  I'm not making anything fancy - I'm a more casual type person.
Here is the design for the jacket- from Vogue Patterns
  I found some great coarse weave linen in a beautiful turquoise colour with gold as a secondary colour.  I managed to find some fabric for the rest of the outfit in the same shade of goldy/tan with a subtle pin stripe.  I'm making a dress, as well as trousers and an top in this fabric.  I'm not sure what the "Mother of the Bride" is wearing, so I want to have options.  The wedding will be at 11am, with a luncheon reception following.  Also, considering my lifestyle, a pants outfit will get much more wear than a dress!
I hope everyone else is having fun with their quilting today.  Check it out at Judy's blog!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely design for the jacket! I think this style would look good on anyone. I love to sew garments too but my dress form has been very lonely for a long time because I'm so obsessed with quilting projects. Hope you love the outcome of your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be beautiful, Susan! I hope you'll show photos of the finished outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably take a picture of the outfit on a hanger! I hate having my picture taken, but I guess I'll have to grin and bear it at the wedding.....

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.