Sunday, February 9, 2014


Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  50.75 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  9 yards
Net used 2014  41.75 yards

Nothing completed this week - two days were too cold to sew in my room, the weather was cold and rainy for the south.  Nothing like family and friends are suffering at our northern home!

I added the sashing between the embroidered blocks for "A Long Time Ago in Bethlehem".  The original pattern had two of the blocks without sashing on the outside edge of the quilt top, so I adjusted some of the block sizes and added it.  When it was finished, I decided that the quilt is large enough for a wall hanging, so I'm not going to add any more borders.  Now I have to hunt for some backing fabric in my small stash.
Then I decided to work on finishing my hexagon quilt.  I cut the remaining burgundy fabric in strips to add a straight border to the outside edges, and spent 2 afternoons machine appliqueing the top to the border.  After measuring the top, I've decided that it needs to be larger, so I've decided to add an additional border, and I'm back to making motifs that will be appliqued to the final border to bring the hexagons to the outside of the quilt.
DH's music partner found 2 hats to add to their performance wardrobe, but they need new hat bands.  His wife found some great black and white musical striped fabric, so I'll be cutting some bias strips to dress up their new hats.
Check out Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to see all the progress made this week!


  1. Love the heard of sheep in the "keep it down" block. It is going to be a great wall hanging. Thanks for sharing.


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.