Monday, February 10, 2014

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I've been busy getting ready for company arriving this evening.  Both DH and I use our guest room as extra storage - me for quilt stuff and DH for guitars, amplifiers, stands, cables.  We had to be very creative to find accessible storage for all of the items, so our guests will have a room to themselves!

I decided to use the blue fabric with stars that I bought recently, to use as sashing around the embroidered blocks of "Long Time Ago in Bethlehem".  I couldn't find any pale colours with small stars, but I did get a buttery yellow with small polka dots.

  After looking at the completed top, I decided to finish it without the remaining borders in the original design.  I'll be using the same blue for the binding, so I machine basted a small folded strip on each edge to provide a small accent.
 I've been making hexagon units while watching the Olympics.  I want to plan the final appliqued border for my hexagon quilt, so I know how many I have to complete.

Check out all the creativity shared at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.