Sunday, December 29, 2013

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Fabric used this week  0 yards
Fabric used year to date  184.25 yards
Fabric added this week  10.5 yards
Fabric added year to date  110.875 yards
Net used 2013  73.375 yards
 
I'm pleased with the amount of fabric I used this year, although I've been doing lots of sewing but no finishing since heading south in late October!  I also gave in to some of the wonderful end of the year sales, including one on Saturday at Quilts on Plum Lane in Dade City.  Most of the yardage bought this week was for backing fabric for my brown, pink and white quilt top - so hopefully I'll get it basted soon so I can begin quilting.  I also have 4 baby quilts ready to be basted/quilted, so my "used" numbers will look good to begin 2014!
 
Making stash reports each week keeps me aware of how much I am using, and encourages me to "shop my stash" before I head to the fabric store.

Check out Judy's blog, Patchwork Times, to see how everyone's reports.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree that these stash reports really help me to think long and hard before bringing fabric into my sewing room. Backings are always needed and finding them on sale is the best.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great numbers, Susan. You used almost double my goal - wow! Happy 5th Day of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good year when the used is more than the added! Sounds like you will bring in 2014 with a big BANG! Happy Holidays, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying so hard to "shop the stash" too....those darn sales just suck me in though! Dang it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.