Monday, December 16, 2013

DESIGN WALL MONDAY

I've been sidetracked by Christmas baking and baby quilt making!  A member of my group donated fabric, so I thought I'd make a couple of baby quilts to donate.
When using others' fabric, it is fun to see what you can make - there was "just enough" with a bit of piecing to make this two colour style of quilt.  Easy snowball blocks and framed squares - I've added a white border, and plan to add a darker mauve border as well.
 The white fabric seems to have taken on a bit of colour from the mauve, but I think it was because I was taking the picture late in the day.....

I also cut strips and blocks for a friend to work with.  I machine appliqued butterflies on each of the blocks before I passed it along.  She is busy sewing the top today, so we'll be cutting borders for it soon!  More pictures to come.

Check out what others are stitching at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.