Sunday, January 6, 2013

STASH REPORT SUNDAY

Here's my first stash report for 2013 and I'm already in the red!

Fabric used this week  0 yards
 Fabric used year to date  0 yards
Fabric added this week  8.5 yards
Net used 2013  -8.5 yards

 After seeing Judy's lovely fabrics from the Fat Quarter Shop, I just had to go and take a look.  Of course, they had the rubber ducky fabric that I wanted to go with a panel I purchased on sale, so the second panel and 2 yards of the border stripe jumped into the "shopping cart"!

I also fell in love with Judy's pattern, "Dawn and Dusk", in the current issue of Quiltmaker magazine, and had begun collecting yardage while at my local shop's sale on Dec 27.  I found two more fabrics that would go with those already chosen, so they also jumped into my cart.  That accounts for 4.75 yards.

Then I headed over to eQuilter to see what they had on sale, and found 2 more fabrics for Judy's pattern, so 3.75 more yards jumped into my shopping cart! 

I have decided to complete some of my ongoing projects and a couple waiting in line before starting on this large quilt!  New fabric is such a temptation!!!!!

Check out other quilter's stash beginnings for 2013 at Judy's blog, Patchwork Times.  

 

5 comments:

  1. Hard to resist any fabric sales. I like that you have plans for all the fabric you bought so it shouldn't sit around waiting it's turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! And new quilt ideas on a bucket list are also a temptation!! I'm resisting starting a new top--letting the UFOs call my name--but I don't know how long I will resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a hard time of year on the stash busting. All the sales & new BOMs getting started. Who could resist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started out in the red, as well, so we're in good company! It's okay...eventually, it WILL become a quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to know that others can't resist a sale! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.