Tuesday, January 29, 2013

HOW CAN ANYONE LIVE WITHOUT BOOKS?

I have been an avid reader all my life, and I love all kinds of books.  Lately, I've been reading mysteries - of all sorts.

I download audio books from my public library, and listen to someone read to me while I'm quilting.  I just finished "Split Second" by David Baldacci.  I'm glad that my library has a few more by the same author - it was well written and kept my attention, even while sewing!

I also read every night before turning out the light - a habit that I've had most of my life.  I find that if I don't read, I have trouble falling asleep.  DH used to complain about the light, but after almost 45 years, he has become accustomed to it!
While I'm in Florida, I get books from the small lending library in our clubhouse, so it depends on what books are donated by others.  Before we head south, I pick up several books from the book sale at my public library, and donate them when I arrive south.

Currently, I'm reading "Notorious" by Michele Martinez, a murder mystery with a female federal prosecutor.  The author has written in short, concise chapters, and I'm anxious to read more.....

Check out everyone's current favourites at Judy's blog.    

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, good recommendations. I wrote them both down so I can get them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.