Friday, October 7, 2011

TIDY UP TIME

DH volunteered to help me reorganize the large storage closet under the basement stairs.  In the very back we store our Christmas stuff except for the tree which is in the garage.  We haven't had a Christmas at home for over 10 years, so it was great to pull everything out and see what we have.  DS2 and future DIL will be visiting soon, and I'll offer them some of my decorations as a start on their first Christmas together.

This is also where I store quilts - some in the large totes and others in bags to keep them dust free.  A couple of years ago I listed all the quilts and where they were stored, but since then I've added some, given some as gifts, donated some etc., so it was time to do it over again.  We measured some of the quilts that I had pictures of, but no finished size measurement, we photographed some that had missed having their picture taken, I included some seasonal ones to the pile of wall hangings, aprons, etc for DS2 & future DIL,
 and I made sure there was a quilt set aside for my family reunion next June (I give one to the youngest family member in attendance).
Now I have to download the pictures to my computer, and make a new spreadsheet to list all the quilts, runners, wall hangings, etc.  I was happy to have the help, but the sorting/organizing took until after 3pm!
I've often thought of selling some items, but since we split our year between two different homes in two different countries, it would be difficult to maintain, especially when the quilts are not available to pack and ship.....  I'll have to give this some more thought.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a big job. I like your jack-o-lantern with the cat. is that your own design? Or a pattern that could be purchased?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of work! I love your Halloween cat - it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.