Thursday, October 20, 2011

BUSY BUT NO QUILTING!

Monday morning DH and I headed north to visit DH's sister and her husband.  They retired to their "cottage" several years ago.  In the afternoon, my brother and his wife, visiting from China arrived.  We had a great visit, enjoying the cool weather, and a lovely fire burning in the wood stove.  There was a bit of rain, but not enough to dampen our spirits, as we all got re-acquainted.

Tuesday morning we went for a walk along the lake, visited a neighbour who was having their cottage raised and a basement built underneath.  Since this area is part of the Canadian Shield, there is granite a few inches under the soil, so most buildings are raised, and a walk-in basement area installed.  My SIL has a new chocolate lab, and we all enjoyed the 7 month old bounding along on the walk.  He hasn't grown into his long legs yet!

My brother and his wife left to make a circle tour through Bancroft, Quadville, then down Hwy 41 through Northbrook.  We invited them to stay the night in Kingston, rather than make the long drive back to Hamilton.  DH & I headed home, and quickly decided to make a steak and broccoli stir fry for dinner.  My SIL was amazed that I was "cooking Chinese style", but seemed to enjoy the meal.  We talked, laughed, and shared photos - both computers were humming, and finally headed to bed.

Wednesday morning they headed back as my brother had an appointment at noon in the Toronto area.
This morning I received an email - his son and wife had a baby girl last night!  She was 7.3 pounds, and mother and baby are home again.  Can't wait to see the pictures!

I wish we could visit with my brother and his wife more often, but they are planning to come back to Canada next June to attend the family reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.