Sunday, October 9, 2011


Fabric used this week  2.375 yards
Fabric used year to date  215 yards
Fabric added this week  0 yards
Fabric added year to date  55.5 yards
Net fabric used 2011  159.5 yards

I managed to finish a Christmas apron and an advent calendar for future DIL.  The rest of my week was taken up with gardening, Christmas shopping and other chores.
Yesterday my washing machine decided to quit - fortunately, with the rinse water in the load, not the detergent!  DH and I had to wring all the clothes out by hand, twice, and he used the shop vacuum to remove the water from the machine drum.  We decided to buy a new machine, as this one is quite old, and it would cost almost as much to repair as to replace.  It will head off to the metal recyclers one day next week.
Even by getting as much water as we could out of the clothes, it still took 2 full cycles to dry them in the dryer.  DH suggested stringing a line outside, but there really isn't any place to do that in our tiny condo yard......
Off to get the turkey in the oven!

Check out everyones' progress at Judy's blog....

1 comment:

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.