Monday, January 24, 2011

Scrappy Pineapple Blossom Quilt

These are 4 of the 48 blocks I've sewn.  I had intended to make a lap quilt, but this is so much fun, and I had so many 2 inch strips in my scrap bin, that I had to make it larger!
 Since Bonnie's method uses a square, stitched corner to corner to make the light triangles, I decided to double stitch the seams (add one just less than 1/2 inch from the first).  That provided me with a pile of two-toned half square triangle units, just perfect for making pinwheel blocks to use in one of the borders.  Since I made 48 blocks, I ended up with 48 pinwheel blocks too!
 This is Miss Sophia.  She comes for a visit whenever her family is going to be out all day, or occasionally overnight.  She's my assistant in the sewing room today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.