I completed the centre section, add the sashing and cornerstones, then added a 1 inch green border. The size and shape was limited by the number of leftover animal squares. I have none left!
Next, I opened one of my "parts" bins. I keep 2 1/2 inch strips in this one, along with orphan squares and left-over half square triangle units. I found some gold squares that were from my "One Person's Trash" quilt, and some extra rust plaid half square triangle units that were orphaned from my "Oh my Plaid Stars" quilt. I stitched these into pinwheel blocks, and added green borders to the gold squares.
I decided to alternate the blocks and add a border to the two long sides of the quilt to make it a bit wider.