Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another finish

I think I'm on a roll!  Three lap quilts in about a week!
I decided to split the border, as it was too wide.  It allowed me to add some more of the hot pink fabric, and the light blue/green gave me a great place to quilt.  I stitched music notes, as it is a recurring theme in the original blocks.
"Those Swingin' Cats" finished at 50x56.5.  I used the darker green fabric for sashing and binding.  More SITD along all the straight lines, then I outlined all the cats and the block borders with monofilament (invisible) thread.  More variegated thread to stitch the musical notes.  Machine quilted using my Juki, without a frame.  This one was entirely made from stash - Hooray!
I also stitched a cloth book - Bazooples.  I brought a panel to make the book, one to make a baby quilt and some flannel for backing as one of my "must do" projects this winter.  Just found out that my best friend's niece is expecting a baby in July, so this will make a nice gift.
Another yard of fabric from my stash!

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt has turned out really cute - the hot pink strip is the perfect addition - love the music note quilting!


Thank you. Your comments are important to me.