Tuesday, October 22, 2019

FINAL VISIT WITH THE GRANDS......

Last weekend was our final visit for this year, as we head south soon.  We had a good time, getting lots of hugs and kisses.

DH walked to our grandson's school with our son, to pick him up, and he was full of information about his day  - he loves school so far!  During the weekend, he sang lots of different songs for us.  He sings on key, and always seems to know all the words.

Our granddaughter is almost walking.  I think she could, but doesn't have the confidence to trust her balance yet.  She is pretty good playing by herself, and has a different favourite toy with each of our visits. 

We visited the Waterloo Quilt show on Saturday.  Our son stayed home and finished clearing out their veggie garden, but the rest of us enjoyed the show.  Our granddaughter rode in her stroller for a while, but then wanted to walk, and she put on a mile or two while we looked at quilts.  Our grandson was playing "spot the animal on the quilt" with DH.  When they were looking at some quilts in one of the vendor booths, the shop owner gave him a small wall hanging with a space theme - I guess it was for good behaviour.  Since the show was held at the huge community center, we stopped to watch the figure skaters practice on our way out.

I'm thankful that we live in the computer age, and can Skype with our grandchildren regularly.  We told our grandson that he could call us any time.  We often have "dinner" with the family,  having a video chat at the table.   We still miss the kids, and I have a better appreciation for my parents getting re-aquainted after 6 months away each winter - we only wrote letters, and long distance phone was only for dire emergencies.

I'm getting in extreme packing mode soon.  Right now I am deciding which projects I want to work on over the winter, so I can take some of the fabric required - I'm really trying to use my stash.  I think it will be another scrappy winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.