Sunday, October 6, 2019

ANOTHER MISSED PROJECT!

During our June meeting, our out-going guild president announced a challenge.  Those who chose to participate, pulled a box front from a large brown envelope, and had to complete a project of their choice, using all the colours on the box.

Of course, I forgot all about it until a couple of days before our meeting in September.  They only work I had done towards the project, was to pull one piece of fabric from my stash.

I spent some time planning the project using EQ8, and I even printed two parts so I could paper piece them. 

My quilt ended up being 15 1/2 inches square, and I used all of the small piece of red violet that was in my stash!  I had fun quilting the small project, and even tried the "hand quilting" stitch on my Bernina.  It looked fine, but next time I'll use a heavier weight thread in the bobbin!
There were lots of finished challenges at our September meeting, and a few more in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comments are important to me.